Monday 3 January 2011

WARNING! All Mechanical Clocks Down!

The Blackberry Times

Monday 3rd January 1951

Due to the recent problems with time pieces all grandfather clocks have lost the ability to strike 12 midnight. Watchsmith's everywhere apologise for this problem which they name the '11 59' issue. Experts say if one uses a clock older than 1937 one will enjoy the clock strike midnight. The problem will be resolved after twelfth night.

I am joking of course, although I feel a little smug about not owning an iPhone tonight! I was all set to dump on Apple, but my heart wasn't in it. Forgive my nostalgia, but I was simply worried - what on earth happened to alarm clocks, good old-fashioned mechanical clocks? I own three!

I must seem ancient but were people really inconvenienced by the iPhone problem in the New Year? To hear the media report people were turning up late for work and missing planes because of it. If they did, I am sorry for them, but I do like to think people with things to do are more focused!

And with that, I shall blow out my bedside candle.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment