Friday 31 December 2010

A Happy (But Confused) New Year


I have always been more of a New Year person, than a Christmas person.  Don’t get me wrong; I love Christmas, with the food, the presents, even the music.  But New Years Eve is different.  New Year's Eve is when we get to set our goals, we may not achieve all of them, but we should hope and aspire to achieve.  This year I wished for good health, to improve my writing and style and chess playing – and yes I have more hope for the chess.

And here comes the awful sedge way – what might Messer’s Miliband and Cameron hope for this year? A collapsing coalition? Less protests?  I cannot say for certain of course, I can imagine.  If I were PM Cameron, I would be wishing for an economically favourable year, no one Conservative, Labour or Other would wish otherwise.  As a Labour Leader one might be hoping for a more unified cabinet along with the collapse of the coalition.  

I wonder why proper debate between these two leaders is not easier, if someone declares that he rather be a child of Thatcher than a son of Brown, why not respond with the following: I am a son of Ralph Miliband and am well versed in economic matters.? Also why not point out the hypocrisy or at the very least ideological confusion of a Conservative Leader apparently following a Labour initiative regarding Higher Education.  Since when has the Coalition loved Labour’s ideas, at last prior to May 2010?

2011 is going a good year for me personally either way, but politically, well lets just say I have more hope of perfecting my Queen’s Gambit.

Happy New Year to Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment