Tuesday 4 January 2011

Boozing with PM Cameron

In a recent article in The Daily Telegraph 'Don't buy a round in if you want to end binge drinking' (3/01/2011), it was reported that Prof. Richard Thaler of Chicago University and a key behavioural economics adviser to the Prime Minister suggests splitting a tab at the end of a nights drinking than buying in rounds.

Now, I can appreciate that economics can alter behaviour, although that is where my knowledge of economics ends on this issue. However, I have learned that not ordering the second round will certainly prevent binge drinking, splitting a tab, not paying until the end of the night may give people a false sense of monetary security, as they don't pay until the end of the night.

And with that sober thought, I am off ro bed.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment